Positions for postdoctoral research scientists and graduate students are available in the Metabolic Biology Laboratory of Konstantinos Drosatos at the Center for Cardiovascular Research of the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine in the USA. The laboratory conducts research in the field of cardiac and systemic metabolism with the goal to identify physiological mechanisms, cellular signaling and gene regulation pathways that underlie cardiac energetics complications with important ramifications in heart failure, septic cardiac dysfunction, and diabetic cardiomyopathy. Lab members have access to “state of the art” molecular biology, mouse physiology, metabolism and imaging facilities of the University of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and perform experiments, data analysis , interpretation, and presentation.
- Report progress in an organized fashion during group meetings and 1-on-1 meetings.
- Write manuscripts and grants.
- Interact with senior and junior members of the Institute.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other related discipline with lab experience preferably in Cardiovascular and/or Metabolic Biology research.
- Hands-on experience with animals, cell culture, gene expression analyses, metabolic analyses, statistics.
- Strong documentation skills and ability to work in a research-intensive and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create innovative ideas and perform experiments to address them, ability to work on a collaborative environment and strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with staff and professional colleagues.
- 1-page cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- 1 reference letter from a current or past mentor (sent directly from referees)
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills is provided for at least 2 years. Documents and inquiries must be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.